completely unrelated photo from a hike we took recently as a family
I wrote my 2013 goals down one morning when I couldn't get back to sleep, and Elliott and I have been talking about them since then. He helped me make some of them more realistic and then encouraged me to add others, so... we'll see what's realistic in the end!
- Love Elliott and Lena and our Baby Boy.
- Finish War and Peace!
- Read at least 10 of these books.
- 100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
- A Passage to India by E.M. Forester
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- Beloved by Toni Morrison
- Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh
- Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
- Confessions by St. Augustine
- Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
- Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy
- Kim by Rudyard Kipling
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
- Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
- Middlemarch by George Eliot
- Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie
- Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
- Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
- The Moviegoer by Walker Percy
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
- Sell 50 handmade items either through craft fairs or through my Etsy shop.
- Study Italian
- Learn more about and practice the manual settings on my camera.
- Launch my blog on a new website.
- Publish a piece of writing (fiction or non-fiction) in a non-blog setting.
And then I made a separate list of all the things I want/need to do around home before the baby comes! You know, things like...
- Replace the burned-out lightbulbs in bathroom
- Clear out guest room (which is covered in bags of baby clothing and organizational bins)
- Replace the old shower curtain
- Repair my jeans
- Start a recipe binder
- Get the car cleaned
- Wash car seat cover and install the car seat in the car
Get new vacuum cleaner and sell/trash old onesdone!
- Throw out unused/mismatched plastic containers in kitchen to make room for the new ones on their way from Amazon
- Restack linens in the linen closet
- And more... but I won't bore you!
What are your goals for 2013? Inspire me!